GLA:D™ (for Osteoarthritis)
Patients require a referral into this program by their family physician.
Good Life with Osteoarthritis Denmark (GLA:D™) is an 8-week evidence-based education and exercise program for individuals with knee and/or hip osteoarthritis (OA).
In this workshop series, patients will learn self-management techniques to help build confidence, strengthen joint stability, and improve functionality.
GLA:D™ Canada participants report reduced symptoms of pain, increased physical activity, and improved quality of life.
The program consists of:
2 Education Sessions:
- What osteoarthritis is, risk factors and symptoms
- Current available treatment for osteoarthritis
- How to self-manage symptoms
- Why and how exercise can help with osteoarthritis
- How to cope with difficulties and daily activities with osteoarthritis
and 12 Neuromuscular Exercise Sessions:
A GLA:D certified therapist leads hour-long group exercise sessions twice a week for six weeks, during which time participants:
- Learn how to control movement and proper posture
- Build muscular strength through functional exercises
- Learn how to apply these exercises to everyday activities
There are materials (workbook/handouts) for this workshop that participants will need to pick up prior to the first class in the series. Details on this can be found in the confirmation email you will receive when you are successfully registered for the workshop.
Upon receiving your physician referral, you will receive a call from a member of our team to register you.
Please ignore the text below that says "Sorry there are no upcoming sessions". Click HERE to view upcoming sessions.