Patients require a referral into this program by their family physician.
Good Life with Osteoarthritis Denmark (GLA:D™) is an 8-week evidence-based education and exercise program for individuals with knee and/or hip osteoarthritis (OA).
In this workshop series, patients will learn self-management techniques to help build confidence, strengthen joint stability, and improve functionality.
GLA:D™ Canada participants report reduced symptoms of pain, increased physical activity, and improved quality of life.
The program consists of:
2 Education Sessions:
- What osteoarthritis is, risk factors and symptoms
- Current available treatment for osteoarthritis
- How to self-manage symptoms
- Why and how exercise can help with osteoarthritis
- How to cope with difficulties and daily activities with osteoarthritis
and 12 Neuromuscular Exercise Sessions:
A GLA:D certified therapist leads hour-long group exercise sessions twice a week for six weeks, during which time participants:
- Learn how to control movement and proper posture
- Build muscular strength through functional exercises
- Learn how to apply these exercises to everyday activities
Please ignore the text below that says "Sorry, there are no upcoming sessions currently available for this workshop".
See a list of upcoming sessions and how to inquire HERE.