Label Reading & Menu Planning
Are you looking to improve your eating behaviors and food choices, but feel overwhelmed or stuck in old habits? Do you feel confused or frustrated while grocery shopping, not knowing what is healthy or unhealthy anymore? You are not alone! We have developed a workshop specifically for label reading and menu planning, which are two foundational topics to help you plan with ease, shop with confidence and enjoy healthier eating.
Our Registered Dietitian will guide you through an interactive group session that uses real food labels and provides tools and strategies to:
- Choose healthier foods with confidence
- Compare similar foods with a nutrition facts table in the correct context
- Prevent falling victim to health halos or fancy marketing tricks
- Save money and time by planning ahead
- Develop a weekly menu that aligns with healthy eating principles
- Keep weekly menu plans creative and enjoyable
Each participant will take away a 1-week personalized menu that is developed while in the class.
Our Label Reading & Menu Planning Workshop is an interactive 2-hour discussion and learning-activities based workshop.
If you are having technical difficulties with registering online, please call 403-931-5121 for assistance.
- Please read the confirmation email you will receive thoroughly as it contains the online workshop link and other important information.
- Your partner/spouse or support person is welcome to attend this workshop with you. In addition to registering yourself, you will need to complete a separate registration form for them now.
At this time, all in-person group workshops are limited in size to maintain safe social distancing. If you are registering for an in-person workshop, we do require continuous masking during the workshop.
- AHS Quick and Easy Meals
- Healthy Grocery Shopping Resource
- Menu Ideas
- Menu Planner and Grocery Shopping List