Understanding Type 2 Diabetes: Lifestyle Management
Are you interested in learning more about Type 2 Diabetes? Do you want to take charge of your health and be empowered with a better understanding of Type 2 Diabetes?
If you answered yes, then this workshop is for you!
This workshop series is ideal for people with:
- A new diagnosis of pre-diabetes or diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes and a desire to improve blood sugar control
- A history of Gestational Diabetes and a desire to prevent diabetes in the future
- A family history of Type 2 Diabetes and a desire to reduce your risk of developing this condition
Part 1 of this series is led by a Registered Nurse. In this interactive session, we will focus on:
- Differences between Diabetes Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Myths and facts related to Type 2 Diabetes
- Physiology of Type 2 Diabetes
- Complications associated with Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood tests to determine Type 2 Diabetes
- Lifestyle management and Type 2 Diabetes
- Medication(s) to manage Type 2 Diabetes
To ensure you get the most out of this series we will allow time for an open Q&A period at the end.
If you are having technical difficulties with registering online, please call 403-931-5121 for assistance.
- Please read the confirmation email you will receive thoroughly as it contains the online workshop link and other important information.
- Your partner/spouse or support person is welcome to attend this workshop with you. In addition to registering yourself, you will need to complete a separate registration form for them now.
At this time, all in-person group workshops are limited in size to maintain safe social distancing. If you are registering for an in-person workshop, we do require continuous masking during the workshop.