Skill power, not will power.
Understand why you eat the way you do and what to do about it.
Craving Change™ is Canada’s #1 cognitive-behavioural program for people who struggle with their eating habits. The practical, skill-based approach will help you:
- Understand why you eat the way you do.
- Learn how your eating decisions are influenced by your surroundings, your body and what you learned while growing up.
- Become more aware of your problematic eating triggers.
- Tune into your thoughts and emotions that steer you off track.
- Use 16 ‘change and maintain’ strategies and resources to change your eating for good.
Have a healthier relationship with food!
- You’d rather eat the carrot cake than the carrot
- You go to buy milk and leave with $80 worth of groceries
- Chocolate and fast foods are your ‘go-to’ solutions when you feel stressed
- You crave certain foods at certain times
- You keep eating when you know you’ve had enough
- You know what to eat, but have trouble making healthy choices
- You’ve made positive changes to your eating but then gone back to less healthy habits
The first goal of the Craving Change program is to help you understand ‘why’ you eat the way you do. This is a very important step for changing your eating. The program helps you discover the situations, thoughts and emotions that affect your food choices. This is called a cognitive-behavioural approach. You will then learn how to deal with your specific eating struggles by changing your thoughts and/or behaviours.
Please note that participants are discouraged from taking the same workshop more than once. Upon completion of this workshop (attending at least 4 out of the 6 sessions), participants will be eligible to sign up for monthly drop-in sessions that will support them in maintaining their practice.
The program has four components:
- Why It’s Hard to Change – understand how our society, your body and your learned behaviors influence your eating habits
- What Needs Changing? – use a variety of tools and techniques to discover your problematic eating triggers
- How You Can Change – learn 16 strategies with ‘how-to’ instructions for changing your eating triggers and/or response
- Keep the Change – find out how to deal with slips and maintain positive changes
This program runs weekly for 6 weeks.
If you are having technical difficulties with registering online, please call 403-931-5121 for assistance.
If you are on a waitlist for this class, the class is full and/or you are unable to commit to a 6 week series, please consider registering for one of our Craving Change Drop-In classes.
- Please read the confirmation email you will receive thoroughly as it contains the online workshop link and other important information.
- Your partner/spouse or support person is welcome to attend this workshop with you. In addition to registering yourself, you will need to complete a separate registration form for them now.
MANUAL FOR CRAVING CHANGE
If you have signed up for a VIRTUAL session of this workshop, we do not provide an electronic link of this manual. Please call 403-931-5121 to set up a time to pick up your manual.